Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Development
Cross Cultural Consultants offers consultancy services and project management in organisational capacity development that enables communities and individuals to develop enterprises.
Our inputs focus on culturally appropriate design, governance and management, resource mobilisation and mentoring.
The main context of this program is promoting sustainable economic, social and cultural development with Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander communities and partner organisation for international Aquaculture projects.
Cross Cultural Consultants contributes:
- Skilled staff – facilitators, planners, mentors and other technical experts;
- A proven effective model of enterprise development which is recognised as appropriate to the cultural contexts;
- Established partnerships with local, national and overseas stakeholders;
- Training capacity
Examples of our SME work
Mudla Farms Kulaluk Mud Crab Farm
Cross Cultural Consultants had a joint project management role in the establishment of the enterprise that included project design, cross cultural mentoring, liaison and advocacy and training of technical staff and partners in cross cultural effectiveness.
In a politically sensitive environment, and at the wishes of the traditional owners, Cross Cultural Consultants undertook the development of Mudla Farms Kulaluk Mud Crab Farm. Despite significant criticism from those opposed, the project achieved two very important outcomes:
- 60% of the Indigenous trainees achieved training outcomes, and
- A fully functioning aquaculture facility was established.
Other Examples of SME Development
- CCC facilitated the development of proposed Trepang farm at Groote Eylandt. Included planning, community engagement and consultation, advocacy, design, and development of proposals and business plans.
- We provided governance training and conflict management solutions for the Fred Hollows’ stores programs.
- CCC was an Australian partner organisation for Samoa-based Australian Youth Ambassadors for Development assignment in mud crab aquaculture
- CCC provided cross cultural training and consultancy services for Outback Stores Ltd. to build their capacity to develop locally appropriate models of community retail enterprises.
Future SME plans
To share learning across different contexts, Cross Cultural Consultants hopes to expand our networks with Asia Pacific organisations involved in similar projects and implement a volunteering / internship program for students and trainees.
Our experience shows that advocacy and education with Government is vital to the design and resourcing of SME programs .
Please contact us for detailed information and pricing