Community & Stakeholder Engagement
What is it?
Community and Stakeholder engagement is the processes used to actively involve communities and stakholders in decision-making. Healthy communities are those that participate in the decisions that directly impact on people’s lives – their work, housing, health, education, services, recreation, and business. Community engagement works best when long-term relationships have been established between the practitioner, relevant stakeholders and the community.
Our team of hands-on practitioners have experience in:
- Remote field work,
- Community Development,
- Participatory Planning, Learning and Development,
- Service Design, Delivery and Evaluation,
- International Association For Public Participation (IAP2) principals, and we have
- long term relationships with many communities in the Northern Territory and Nationally
This practical, field based experience informs the approaches and solutions we facilitate for communities and stakeholders.
Action learning underpins Cross Cultural Consultants’ training. Our field work feeds our own understanding of learning, development needs and helps us design effective approaches and activities that enable reflection and knowledge sharing.
Where has Cross Cultural Consultants been involved in community engagement?
Cross Cultural Consultants has over three decades of experience in the management of community engagement and stakeholder consultation projects throughout the Northern Territory in urban and remote locations. We take a collaborative and integrated approach and consider skills, gender, culture and context factors in managing stakeholder consultation for a project. We design and deliver a range of community engagement and stakeholder management programs and tools focused on the specific needs of the project scope and the setting in which it is based; we call this a place-based approach. We believe in the importance of working with communities and alongside key stakeholders, in the delivery of policy and services.
- Response to Homelessness & Rough Sleepers in Darwin and Katherine
- Stronger Outcome For Families – National Consultations
- TEAM Health – Topend House Development
- Power and Water Corporation Reconciliation Action Plan
- Review of Northern Territory Town Camps
- Northern Territory Government Room to Breathe Program
- NT Middle Schools Implementation
- Strategic Planning for NT Aids and Hepatitis Council
- Corporate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Strategies
- Advocacy for Healing, Truth & Justice – Stolen Generation Alliance
- Anindilyakwa Education and Training Board
- Strategic Indigenous Housing and Infrastructure Program (SIHIP)
- Aquaculture Enterprise Development Projects
- Developing Service Delivery Partnerships
- Evaluation of Programs and Policy