What is it?
Community engagement is the processes used to actively involve communities in decision-making. Healthy communities are those that participate in the decisions that directly impact on people’s lives – their work, housing, health, education, services, recreation, and business. Community engagement works best when long-term relationships have been established between the practitioner and the community.
Our team of hands-on practitioners have experience in:
- community development,
- remote field work,
- participatory planning, learning and development,
- service design, delivery and evaluation,
- overseas aid and development programs, and
- long term relationships with many communities in the Northern Territory and nationally.
This practical, field based experience informs the approaches and solutions we facilitate for communities and stakeholders.
Action learning underpins Cross Cultural Consultants’ training. Our field work feeds our own understanding of learning and development needs and helps us design effective approaches and activities that enable reflection and knowledge sharing.
Where has Cross Cultural Consultants been involved in community engagement?
- Review of NT Town Camps
- Housing Project Design
- NT Middle Schools implementation
- Strategic Planning for NT Aids and Hepatitis Council
- Employment Strategies
- Advocacy for healing, truth & justice – Stolen Generation Alliance
- Aquaculture Enterprise Development
- Developing service delivery partnerships
- Evaluation of programs
- Designing Conflict management interventions
How does Cross Cultural Consultants undertake community engagement?
By drawing on widespread networks, Cross Cultural Consultants’ flexibly applies the following strategies to suit the unique context:
- Building relationships.
- Liaising with community members.
- Stakeholder analysis.
- Identifying stakeholders goals and aspirations.
- Assisting communities to understand the roles of the systems.
- Supporting people to identify ways they can engage with government, non-government and private sector systems and programs in a culturally appropriate manner.
- Sharing knowledge with clients and partners.
- Reporting and Evaluation to ensure lessons learnt are identified and integrated into current and future work.
Cross Cultural Consultants’ Key Principles of Community Engagement
By maintaining these and identifying clear objectives and strategies, we can successfully engage communities. Cross Cultural Consultants’ teams learn through reflection and regularly evaluate the approaches used. We welcome feedback and knowledge sharing with other stakeholders.
Please contact us for more detailed information and pricing.